Michael and I were married here on Kauai 25 years ago and although that may seem like a long time ago, we have never stopped finding romance in our relationship. Being in the tropical beauty of Kauai has certainly assisted in keeping romance alive. Let us share with you some of the fun and romantic things to do while on your Kauai honeymoon!
Sunrise, Sunset and Night time at Kauai Beaches
Sunsets are fantastic from any number of beaches: Ke’e Beach, Tunnels, Lumahai or Hanalei Bay on the North side or Polihale for a dramatic West side sunset adventure. For the early bird, sunrise is also awesome from Anahola, Kealia Beach or Lydgate. Even at night, the beaches are receptive and safe for walking along or sitting and watching the stars. Some of the beaches such as Kealia, allow you to make a small campfire.
Stroll the Small Boat Harbor
Another fun and free pastime we like is to walk along the small boat harbor in Nawiliwili and daydream about sailing to other exotic places on the elegant yachts.
When most people think of Kauai, they think of ocean and beaches. However, we also have beautiful areas to explore inland.
Forest Hikes on Kauai
The Arboretum on the Eastside is an area which is easy to access although it is way up in the mountains. It is like a huge tropical park with waterways and acres of green grassy hills. You can find a cool and private spot to picnic and be together.
Grand Canyon of the Pacific
Of course everyone likes to explore Kokee and the Waimea Canyon “the Grand Canyon” of the Pacific! Here there are many rustic trails and exquisite vistas.
Kayak Kauai's Serene Rivers
Kayaks both double or single can be rented and taken to our many rivers for a serene ride up into the jungle ( no snakes or alligators here to disturb your peace!)
Bike Along Kauai's East Shore
We have a great Bike path that runs up the East side of the Island and you can rent bikes at several locations. The bike path can lead you to some remote beach areas that can be very romantic….
Enjoy a First-Class Spa Treatment
A day at one of our well-equipped spas can be a fun and inexpensive activity especially for the uncommon “rainy day”.
Hawaiian Entertainment Nightly
Most of our Hotels have music nightly in their lounges. For the cost of a cocktail, you can spend time listening to beautiful Hawaiian melodies.
Festivals and Events on Kauai
Our local newspaper, The Garden Island, carries a Calendar of current events including entertainment. On the web, visit www.KauaiFestivals.com for a wide variety of Kauai activities.
Fresh Tropical Fruits and Flowers
Our daily Farmers Markets may not seem to be romantic at first thought but buying exotic tropical fruits and flowers can be a delicious way to begin married life!
- There are sunset boat cruises at surprisingly moderate rates. They are complete with pupus (appetizers) and some even have live music aboard.
- Another popular activity is massage. Try simultaneous double lomi lomi massage - very yummy as well as “hot rock” massage, a treat for the senses!
- Private, Romatic Dinners on the Beach can be provided by our professional caterers. You can also set up a Romantic Treasure Hunt with them.
- Private Waterfall Horseback rides are available and for the extremely extravagant, there are private Helicopter rides to waterfall destinations in the lush interior, the very heart of the Island.
- A Honeymoon Blessing is a wonderful addition to your romantic stay on Kauai, especially for couples who would like to have an opportunity for a private ceremony. We have become specialists in creating unique Blessings for couples.